Domain authority is one of the most critical ranking factors that search engines look at a website. It's an automated score from Moz that was created by an algorithm that assesses a website's capacity to rank.
These scores run on a 100-point scale, and the higher the score, the better. Domain authority is comparative. Therefore, having a higher score than your competitors is the goal behind being good.
Increasing your site's domain authority is a long-term process. However, there are a few ways to go about it. Here are five.
Create Link-Worthy Content
A link-worthy content generally has three attributes: Has a decent number of referring links, is Helpful, and is Non-commercial.
Referring links are links from other websites to your website. Google and other search engines use these links to determine how popular and influential your website is. The more referring links you have, the more popular your website is in Google's eyes.
The second attribute is helpfulness. People want to share content that will be useful to others because it makes them look good. When people share your content, they are, in essence, vouching for its quality, so make sure it is something you would be proud to have your name attached to.
The last attribute is non-commercialism. People are turned off by blatant self-promotion and will be less likely to share your content if it feels like a commercial. That's not to say that you can't promote your product or service on your website, but try to do it in a way that doesn't turn people off.
So, how do you create link-worthy content? Here are a few tips:
- Keyword research. Do some research into which keywords have the most search volume and are the most relevant to your business. Once you know which keywords you want to target, you can start incorporating them into your content.
- Research your topic. Once you have your relevant keyword rankings, do some research into the topic to get ideas for web content. The more in-depth your content is, the more likely people will be to share it.
- Write catchy headlines. Headlines are the first thing people see when they come across your content, so you want to make sure they are catchy and interesting.
- Make it visually appealing. People are more likely to share content that is easy on the eyes.
- Add social sharing buttons. Make it easy for people to read and share your content by adding these buttons to your website.
Creating link-worthy content is not an easy task, but it is definitely doable. With a little effort and creativity, you can create content that will help your business and appeal to others.
If you're having a hard time writing content, we can help. We're an SEO marketing Agency offering content creation services. We can help you create content that is not only link-worthy but also engaging and informative. Contact us today to learn more.
Get High-Quality Backlinks from Authoritative Websites
Backlinks play a significant role in calculating domain authorities and search engine rankings. The more authoritative websites that link back to your website, the higher your domain authority and search engine ranking will be. Remember, authoritative websites tend to have a good domain authority score.
There are many ways to acquire high-quality backlinks from authoritative websites. One way is to submit guest posts on popular blogs in your industry. When you submit a guest post, make sure to include a link back to your website in the author bio or as a resource list at the end of the article.
Another way to get high-quality backlinks is by publishing articles on authoritative websites. If you have some expertise in a certain topic, pitch an article idea to an editor at an authoritative website. If they like your idea, they may publish it on their site and include a link back to your website.
You can also create partnerships with other relevant websites in your industry. If you have a website that sells products, you could partner with a blog that reviews similar products. The blog could write a review of your product and include a link to your website for their readers to purchase it.
Or, you could simply reach out to websites in your industry and ask them to link to your website. If you have high-quality content on your website, they may be happy to oblige.
Remove Bad Links
Having bad/toxic inbound links can really hurt your website's search engine ranking and domain authority. Not only can it make it harder for people to find you, but it can also lead to a decrease in traffic and sales. In order to protect your website and improve your ranking, you need to remove any bad links as soon as possible.
There are a few ways to do this. The first is by using Google's Disavow Tool. This tool allows you to submit a list of URLs that you don't want to be associated with your site. Google will then disavow these links on your behalf, which can help improve your ranking and visibility.
Another way to remove bad links is by using the Link Detox tool from LinkResearchTools. This tool will scan all of your links and help you find any that may be hurting your ranking. It will also provide you with a report on how to fix them.
If you have a lot of bad links, it may be best to hire a professional SEO company, SEO agency, or search engine optimization company to help you remove them. We, an SEO consulting agency, have the tools and expertise necessary to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
Optimize User Experience and Website Structure to rank high in search engines
There are many factors that contribute to a website's domain authority, but user experience and website structure are two of the most important. If you want your website to rank highly in SERPs, you need to make sure that both your user experience and your website structure are optimized. Here are some tips on how to do just that:
- Make sure your site is easy to navigate and understand. Users should be able to find what they're looking for quickly and easily. If they can't, they're likely to leave your site and go to one that's easier to use.
- Pay attention to your site's loading times. Users will likely get frustrated and leave if your pages take too long to load. Make sure you're using a good hosting provider and that your website is optimized for speed.
- Use relevant and keyword-rich titles and descriptions. Doing so will help both users and search engines understand what your pages are about and whether or not they're relevant to the user's query.
- Make sure your content is well-written and informative. Users should learn something from your content, regardless of whether they're looking for information on a specific topic or just browsing through your site.
- Optimize for mobile. More and more people are using their mobile devices to access the internet, so your website must be optimized for those devices.
Focus on Internal Link Structure
Internal links are one of the most important aspects of SEO (search engine optimization). Not only do they help your visitors find related content on your site, but they also tell Google which pages are the most important.
Having a proper internal link structure passes link juice (ranking power) from one page to another, helps visitors navigate your site, and can even boost your overall SEO.
Creating a solid internal link structure is essential for any website that wants to rank well in search engines. Here are a few tips:
- Use keywords in anchor text: When linking to other web pages on your site, be sure to use relevant keywords in the anchor text. It will tell Google what the page is about and help it rank better in Google search results.
- Add links to relevant pages: Whenever possible, add links to other relevant pages on your site. Doing so will help visitors find related content and pass link juice between pages.
- Use 301 redirects: If you ever update the content on your website, be sure to use a 301 redirect to send visitors (and search engines) to the new page. It will help preserve any link juice passing to the old page.
As you can see, there are many things you can do to help improve your website's domain authority. While some may be easier than others, all will contribute in the long run. If you need help implementing any of these strategies, don't hesitate to contact us for assistance. We're one of the Best SEO Services In Los Angeles and would love to work with you and help improve your website's Domain Authority so that you can rank higher in search engine results pages and bring in more organic traffic and leads.
We can also help you create a powerful SEO strategy for successful SEO campaigns, improve conversion optimization, build on-page SEO, do link building, digital marketing, technical SEO, and more.